Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
August 17, 2019, 02:40:52 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Elemental: War of Magic
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Elemental: War of Magic  (Read 1889 times)
« on: June 26, 2010, 02:58:47 AM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Guys - I don't know if you've noticed this one: http://www.elementalgame.com but this looks pretty interesting. I found it when I was looking for the old Masters of Magic from Microprose (don't know if anyone remembers/played that one). It's sort of a cross between RPG and Civilisation, with some tactical combat thrown in. Looks interesting and I thought some of you guys might be tempted by it.

Anyway, one I formulate some thoughts on it, I'll share them - wondered if anyone else had their eye on it too.

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Reply #1
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:52:03 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Guys - I don't know if you've noticed this one: http://www.elementalgame.com but this looks pretty interesting. I found it when I was looking for the old Masters of Magic from Microprose (don't know if anyone remembers/played that one). It's sort of a cross between RPG and Civilisation, with some tactical combat thrown in. Looks interesting and I thought some of you guys might be tempted by it.

Anyway, one I formulate some thoughts on it, I'll share them - wondered if anyone else had their eye on it too.

Hi Ben! Yes, this does look interesting. Years ago (before I settled into my current RPG focus) I used to play a lot of strategy-style games, such as Civilization and Master of Orion -- and, of course, Master of Magic, which I know very well. I particularly liked the combination of turn-based strategy and the combat screen for battles with heroes and armies. It'll be interesting to see how Elemental handles integrating RPG elements into a strategy format and whether it can do it effectively, although I'm sure it'll be a while before I have time to look into it.

By the way, in case you didn't manage to find it, Master of Magic is available here on the Abandonia website: Master of Magic

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: