Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
September 17, 2019, 03:27:46 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Golden Dragon Awards Discussion Forum
| | |-+  "Badges? . . . We don't need no stinkin badges?"
Advanced search
Pages 1 2 Go Down
Author
Topic: "Badges? . . . We don't need no stinkin badges?"  (Read 10674 times)
Reply #15
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:37:43 AM »
Wyrin Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Cracked Dragon Egg

Funny, I was uploading Legacy of WHite Plume Mountain today and it struck me I never had my badges activated. Just emailed BTP and then saw this thread here. I need to give the few people still on NWN2 as many reasons as possible to check LoWPM out! Wink

Reply #16
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

I have had a bit of trouble getting responses from any of the vault admins lately.  BTP seems to be MIA.  Sad

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #17
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
Olivier Leroux Offline
NWN1: Team Leader
Global Moderator
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

BTP seems to be MIA.  Sad

I recently tried to contact BTP about a different issue and I got a reply from him last Sunday. He apologized for the delay and told me he had been on vacation. Apparantly he's back now. Smiley

Reply #18
« on: September 02, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

BTP seems to be MIA.  Sad

I recently tried to contact BTP about a different issue and I got a reply from him last Sunday. He apologized for the delay and told me he had been on vacation. Apparantly he's back now. Smiley

I haven't heard from him in at least 6 months.  Maybe it's me?  Do I smell funny? 

Reply #19
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
Olivier Leroux Offline
Global Moderator

To tell the truth, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an answer this time. In the past I had written other e-mails to maximus or the Vault in general and never heard from them, although one minor request of mine seems to have been dealt with eventually. Might have been due to the intervention of QSW... So it's definitely not you. Either it's too much work for too few administrators who are very busy with RL or something about mails not coming through...  Undecided

Reply #20
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

I haven't heard from him in at least 6 months.  Maybe it's me?  Do I smell funny? 

There was a period several months ago where both Maximus and BTP were having big trouble with the Vault e-mail system. I spoke to both of them (via mail) approx 8 weeks ago though. I'm sure they would reply within a couple of days, even if it is to say they are bogged down and will get to your request as soon as possible.

I'm guessing that you are mailing Maximus and/or BTP directly from your own e-mail client, rather than using the Vault's e-mail system? I wouldn't trust the Vault's own mailing system TBH, sometimes stuff doesn't get through.

I'll e-mail Maximus and BTP and give them the link to this thread, in particular the post with the info that Andarian put up.

**EDIT**

I got an automated reply from Maximus a few minutes ago.

Hello,

I'm currently travelling, so it may take a bit longer to reply.

Regards,

Errol Pinto
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:16:30 PM by QSW » Logged

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #21
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

BTP mailed me back

Hi QSW. I was contracted by sixesthrice but I don't think I understood what he was getting at, nor that he was sending me a note in any official capacity. I will get these remedied asap.

--

BeyondThePale

I'll mail him back and thank him Wink

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #22
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
BeyondThePale Offline
Dragon Egg

BTP mailed me back

Hi QSW. I was contracted by sixesthrice but I don't think I understood what he was getting at, nor that he was sending me a note in any official capacity. I will get these remedied asap.

--

BeyondThePale

I'll mail him back and thank him Wink

Hi folks.

We did indeed have some e-mail issues this year. That being said, I am somewhat concerned by those that express a lack of response to communications to the Vault staff. If you could please forward the e-mails previously sent to BeyondThePale@vaultnetwork.com I would greatly appreciate it. This will help me narrow down the gaps in our previous problem, as well as helping me make sure I don't have anyone going to a spam folder.

To the best of my knowledge, the e-mail from sixes was the first one I got regarding the missing badges (and the static page). If I have in fact discussed this with someone else previously, please accept my sincere apology. I am working on the static AME page as well as the badges as we speak. It will take some time as aspects touch different members of the Vault staff.

Thanks for your patience.

BTP

Reply #23
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:17 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

I'm 99.9% sure I no longer have the e-mails that were sent to you BTP.  It was quite a while ago. 

If you need any graphics as far as banners for users, please let me know and I will send them to you.

Reply #24
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »
Olivier Leroux Offline
Global Moderator

I fear I don't have those lost mails anymore either (one was sent via the Vault, the other directly to Maximus, IIRC). But in my case it had nothing to do with the AME, it was just a suggestion to make the prefab section of the Vault more comfortable to search and an offer to help with it (e.g. there's no category for requirements like patch and/or CEP version, haks etc. - even though that information is essential for builders).

Reply #25
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

Just an update: I don't know quite when it happened but I've got the AME tag on my page now. Thanks to BTP and anyone else who was involved in fixing that up.

No news on awards for this year?

Thanks!
- Six

Reply #26
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Just an update: I don't know quite when it happened but I've got the AME tag on my page now. Thanks to BTP and anyone else who was involved in fixing that up.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update!

There should be some coming out very soon.

Reply #27
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:30:20 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

The NWN1 Finalists for 2009 were just announced here:

NWN1 2009 GDA Finalists

Congratulations, by the way. Wink

Print  Pages 1 2 Go Up
« previous next »