Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
August 17, 2019, 03:15:35 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Golden Dragon Awards Discussion Forum
| | |-+  "Badges? . . . We don't need no stinkin badges?"
Advanced search
Pages 1 2 Go Down
Author
Topic: "Badges? . . . We don't need no stinkin badges?"  (Read 10485 times)
« on: February 09, 2010, 11:41:47 AM »
kookoo Offline
Public Forum Moderator
Brass Dragon
My Brass Dragon has Brass Balls Posts: 146

A friend brought to my attention that Undead Redux 2 by sixthrice was missing it's Golden Dragon badge.  I decided to look around at the winners for 2008 and discovered that Fester Pot did not have his Veteran Author award badge, nor did Shadewood have it's Best Dramatic award badge.  All the other NWN modules and authors on the vault have badges for their work. 

I looked around a little more and noticed that the NWN2 award winners do not have a badge at all.

I was wondering if this was an oversight, or requests by the authors?

Smiley

"Saving the world is hard, saving yourself is even harder.

496620796f752063616e207265616420746869732c20796f75206172652061206765656b2e

Reply #1
« on: February 09, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

Well I certainly didn't request that. I also emailed beyond the pale about it and informed Tybae way back.

Pfah, my ego craves attention!

Thanks!
- Six

Reply #2
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

It's an oversight.  I'm doing all I can atm, but I'm at the mercy of the vault.  Both Fester Pot and SixesThrice have contacted me and I've in turn contacted the vault.  I'll get to that again today.

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #3
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
kookoo Offline
Public Forum Moderator
Brass Dragon
My Brass Dragon has Brass Balls Posts: 146

*stares at sixthrice's ego and offers it a cookie*   Grin

*chuckling*  It sounds as though things will get worked out okay.  Wink  I've got a plan to bust into the vault using an ice pick, a dirty shoe and 3 emo bunnies.  We'll grab the badges while we are there.   Grin

"Saving the world is hard, saving yourself is even harder.

496620796f752063616e207265616420746869732c20796f75206172652061206765656b2e

Reply #4
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

*stares at sixthrice's ego and offers it a cookie*   Grin

Yum, more feeding hand to bite.

Thanks!
- Six

Reply #5
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

*approaches SixesThrice's ego balloon with a high powered rifle while whistling the theme to the A-Team*  Grin

Reply #6
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

Also the 2008 winners for NWN1 & 2 were never added to the AME award List on the Vault here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/static.php?page=AME

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #7
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Also the 2008 winners for NWN1 & 2 were never added to the AME award List on the Vault here:

I think that may be my fault. 

Andarian - Do I still owe you a graphic for that?

If the answer is yes, then you can point and gawk at me.  Wink

Reply #8
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

You did owe one to BTP the last time I checked, yes. I thought you had sent it to him since, but if you haven't yet then that could be the source of the delay. I don't think the AME Site needs anything right now, so I'm not expecting any graphics from you at the present time (although we'll eventually need one for the new "Best Storytelling Module" name). I'll check later when I have access to my email archive to make sure there isn't anything else outstanding from last year.

*Points and gawks* Wink

Reply #9
« on: February 09, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #10
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

Well, it's been more than a year. I still don't have any badge on my undead redux vault page, though I don't know about anyone else. It's not a big deal, I know, but frankly I find it quite embarassing that in over 365 days something small like that couldn't be attended to.

Ahem. Just thinking aloud  Roll Eyes

Thanks!
- Six

Reply #11
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »
Lore of Old Offline
Bronze Dragon
High ELVEN Mage - and Lord of Destiny and Fate. Posts: 334

Vault managers have been asked more than once for this already, but I've got no answer so far. I'm sorry for the delay.

And men created God at their image and likelihood.

The portuguese NWN1 Wiki.

Reply #12
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Vault managers have been asked more than once for this already, but I've got no answer so far. I'm sorry for the delay.

Try sending the message to BTP and Maximus.  If BTP doesn't answer, Maximus should be able to back him up. 

Reply #13
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

No worries, I don't mean to place any blame, (and *cough* I may have not been entirely of sound mind while posting as I recall), but I figured if I drew attention to it again it might get fixed by someone at whichever end  Wink  Actually I have just been forwarded an email reply from BTP from someone else who had mentioned it, and BTP seemed to think that the vault doesn't add GDA tags to individual pages, only authors' pages, so I shall have to inform him that he does.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:48:56 PM by sixesthrice » Logged

Thanks!
- Six

Reply #14
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:09 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

No worries, I don't mean to place any blame, (and *cough* I may have not been entirely of sound mind while posting as I recall), but I figured if I drew attention to it again it might get fixed by someone at whichever end  Wink  Actually I have just been forwarded an email reply from BTP from someone else who had mentioned it, and BTP seemed to think that the vault doesn't add GDA tags to individual pages, only authors' pages, so I shall have to inform him that he does.  Grin

I just checked the pages linked from last year's NWN1 winners page. It turns out that all of the NWN1 award badges have in fact been awarded correctly, except for Jassper's, Shadewood's, Fester Pot's and Undead Redux 2's. I'm not sure that we requested the badge in Jassper's case since I don't know if he wanted it. Yours and Fester Pot's would have been requested along with the rest. I know there was a delay in getting the new "Best Dramatic Module" tag to BTP, which may account for why it was missed in the case of Shadewood. I can't account for why the other missing badges didn't appear while the rest of them did. I also can't account for BTP's comment, since the rest of last year's winners were handled correctly (as were the previous year's).

Please feel free to send BTP a link to this post to help clarify the situation. As I see it the 2008 NWN1 awards still need the following actions:

• Fester Pot needs the "Veteran Author" tag added to his Author Page. There should also be a "Debut Author" tag on his page from the 2006 awards, which currently looks like a broken image; that should be fixed.
  • Undead Redux 2 needs to have the "Best Custom Content" tag added to its page.
  • Shadewood needs to have the "Best Dramatic Module" tag added to its page.
  • Someone (probably Ty or Lore, who are this year's AME officers) should contact Jassper and ask him if he wants the "Community Contribution" tag added to his author page. If he does then that should be requested and done as well.

Also, it looks like badges for last year's NWN2 GDA Winners were missed entirely. That needs to be followed up as well.

For the record, here's the procedure. Veteran and Debut Author awardees get author page badges (for example, see here). For Community Contribution and Best Sound/Music it goes on the author page if a person is the recipient (for example, see here). That was the case for Jassper last year for NWN1, and for Troy Sterling Nies for the Joint Best Sound/Music Award. Otherwise and for the rest, badges go on the pages of the individual works that received the award (for example, see here and here).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:07:37 AM by Andarian » Logged

Print  Pages 1 2 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: