Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
June 19, 2019, 07:25:51 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Past Member Biographies
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Sticky TopicLocked Topic Topic: Past Member Biographies  (Read 3278 times)
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
Carlo Offline
Former Members
Brass Dragon

I've been a NWN community member since about a month prior to its release in 2002, and will be until such time as I don't have a computer that runs it, I expect.

Past Activities

DM/builder and PW project admin for TORIL: The Forgotten Realms Chronicles
Module Author: Desperate Measures, The Hunted, Faerun Survival Course, DMFI 101: So You Want To Be A DM (Hall of Fame)
Prefab Author: City of Teziir
NWVault portfolio: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=14972
DM-Friendly Initiative (DMFI) Project Coordinator since November 2004

Current Projects

DMFI Project Coordinator - promoting the DMFI NWN2 Tools package and DM-led gaming in both NWN and NWN2
NWN2 module projects (TBA)
NWN module project (TBA)
Westgate Campaign - DM/build weekly campaign set in Westgate in the Forgotten Realms, live since February 2004
Gateway to Adventure website - promotes NWN and NWN2, includes personal campaign records

Carlo was a member of AME for the 2007 cycle.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:24:48 PM by Andarian » Logged

Reply #1
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »
Alban Offline
Brass Dragon

Bonjour ! My name's Alban, and I'm from France. You... guessed that ? How did you ?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of roleplay games, which I play since the 90's. Not D&D though, but that's another topic...

Love open-ended CRPGs too, and therefore big fan of Black Isle, Bioware, Obsidian and other studios creations.

I played a good number of NWN1 solo modules, but didn't practice online too much.

You'll find me these days modding / writing for NWN2, solo and PW modules.

What qualifies me for AME is that I bring sausages and wine in meetings seem to have proven good knowledge about building and writing, and being a EURO member helped too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:25:13 PM by Andarian » Logged

Reply #2
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »
nereng Offline
Former Members
Pseudo Dragon

Hi there! I've been around on the NWN forums since 2004, so I'm hoping people will more or less know who I am. Grin

I have been playing CRPGs since the early 80's, including games like the Ultima series (1-7, not higher), Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate  etc. Before that I was heavily into military board and computer simulations (if anyone remembers SSI), especially Napoleonic era.

After I joined the NWN scene in 2004 I have made several tools/tutorials for builders, the most noteworthy being:

The x2 Ambient System (With Ayath the Loafer)
The Digital Elevator
The Invisible Listener
Nereng's Henchman Supplement
The Animation Lab

I placed 5th in Bioware's 2006 Writing Contest with Find the Fish!  Grin

My current project is a single player module for NWN2, working title being "Thentia!", although I might decide to build it with the Djinni (The Witcher) toolset if that is workable.

Cheers! Smiley (I always say that)

nereng was a member of AME for the 2007 cycle.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:41:19 AM by BenWH » Logged

Reply #3
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:55:20 AM »
Over My Head Offline
Former Members
Pseudo Dragon

Hey there lads/lasses,

I am Nicolas, also known as Over My Head. I have been a member of the Neverwinter Nights community ever since its first release. I am fairly new to roleplaying, to be more precise, I grew fond of roleplaying with Final Fantasy XII's release. I have ever since been a proud member of the Neverwinter Nights community, and have afterwards never played a game but NWN. I especially loved the virtual world on-line Persistent Worlds had to offer me, and still love to roam around these worlds and meet other people. The most important thing for me personally in a PW, is the community. I seek love, friendship, and support there.

Past Activities

I was the lead scripter at the Shores of Winter, and DM'ed at SoW, as well as the World of Kikéroké. I have also joined numerous projects, which in the end, turned to nothing but dust. After having spent years of continuous support and dedication to the NWN community, I grew tired of the game, and concluded my NWN career with thousands of game hours. I stopped playing for a year, and was in search for a game that would offer me the same community, and an even more powerful tool to create a playground which people could one day call their homes.

Current activities

Ever since NWN got released, I became obsessed with the Aurora Toolset. It has always been a dream of mine to create a Persistent World set to my own liking, preferences, and dreams. I shed tears for not being able to realize this dream, as I had spent years of hard work in the Toolset, and had to conclude NWN simply did not offer me what I was looking for. With the release of Neverwinter Nights 2, I converted my previously done work to the new engine. NWN2 was a dream as it offered me the same community, and even more powerful tools.

I love to write, and sporadically post poems to the NWVault (as I am a profound lover of English). I am also the founder of the World of Goliath, a Persistent World for NWN2. My dream would be to, someday, win a Hall of Fame Award (but that won't be any time soon).

Extra Info

I was born the 30th of December, 1988, and study Economics at the University of Ghent. I am an experienced builder for NWN2, and know my way around in the Scripting World. I am a Full Member of the NWReviewers' Guild, and am also proud to be a member of this community. Besides that, I am a plain boy, who loves to express feelings in but a few words.

Yours sincerely,

Over My Head

No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew.

Reply #4
« on: December 31, 2008, 07:41:17 PM »
Dragonstar Offline
Former Members
Brass Dragon

Hi, I'm Shana, known pretty much everywhere I go as Katarina Dragonstar, even though I'm trying to shorten that down to just plain ole' "Dragonstar." I've also been affectionately known as the Ancient Pragmatic Dragon . . . and less affectionately as other things.

Past Activities:

I started playing D&D back in the late 70s; met my husband at the gaming table as a matter of fact.  Over the past 30 years, our pnp group has played D&D, Shadowrun, Star Wars, GURPS, d20 Modern, Stormbringer, Traveler and a host of others.  I've DM'd that group for the last 20+ years, although I think that our gaming days are over in that respect.  Jobs and grandkids seem to be taking up a lot of time that used to be devoted to gaming.  Ah, well, life marches on.  That just means that I have the time to do the job for AME!

I started playing NWN not too long after it came out, and learned my NWN gaming chops on the PW TORIL: The Forgotten Realms Chronicles.

Current Activities:

I'm the Project Manager and Head DM for the PW, Sojourney: The Bloodstone Lands.  We also had a prior incarnation as Sojourney: The Silver Marches and its sister server, Undermountain.  I also build for the PW, but scripting . . . ah, THAT I leave to people who know what they're doing.

I've guest-hosted NWN Podcast a couple of times in the last several months and think I only made a "moderate" idiot out of myself.

Then I accepted the DMFI Guild Coordinator duties from Carlo One just this week.  I hope that I can only do justice to his confidence in me.

Reply #5
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »
Pstemarie Offline
Dragon Egg

Hello, my name is Paul; although people around the Community know me better as Pstemarie - author of the NWN 3.0 SRD and the Community Placeables Pack.

I first started gaming in the late 1970s with the original Dungeons and Dragons boxed set - not that Basic Set, but the original tan-covered manuals: Men and Magic, Monsters and Treasure, and The Underworld and Wilderness Adventures. These led to AD&D, which in turn gave way to 2nd Edition AD&D, and the 3.0 and 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons Rulesets from WotC. However, I've had little actual game time with the 3.0 and 3.5 rules.

My fondness of pnp Dungeons and Dragons naturally led me to games such as Baldur's Gate I and II , Temple of Elemental Evil, and Icewind Dale I and II. So when Neverwinter Nights came out it seemed like a logical progression to follow. I laid low for the first few years, watching the forums closely and bleeding them for whatever I could learn about making custom content for NWN. Once I had a solid foundation I set out to mold NWN to what I wanted the game to be, scripting new spells and items, adapting or creating custom content, and revamping entire subsystems within the game as I saw fit. Some of these works were absolute disasters, others have evolved into the present incarnations of the NWN 3.0 SRD and the Community Placeables Pack.

Since my "emergence" in 2005 I've been involved with several projects around the Community - the "CEP approved" CEP1patch169 update for CEP 1.x, the Community Placeables Pack, the NWN 3.0 SRD, Project Q, and the Community Skypack (designing its logo on RPG Modding), among many others too numerous to list.

I have a deep fondness for NWN and am known around the Community as a "puritan" or "purist". While I acknowlege that NWN or the 3.0 Rules are by no means perfect, it is to these veins that builders must remain true. Thus it has been my commitment when offering content to Community to ensure that it is of the highest possible quality and that it adheres as closely as the Aurora Engine will allow to the 3.0 Ruleset without compromising playability.

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: