Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
August 17, 2019, 03:35:56 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Golden Dragon Awards Discussion Forum
| | |-+  NWN1 2008 Golden Dragon Winner IRC Chatlog?
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: NWN1 2008 Golden Dragon Winner IRC Chatlog?  (Read 2115 times)
« on: July 07, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

So I got a nasty virus on my computer over the weekend.  I had to reinstall my machine over the weekend and was not able to back it up.  I lost the chatlog.  Sad  However, there is good news.  I will be reaching out to the winners to make a statement as to their reaction on the Golden Dragon Awards they won.  Here is the first one.

Rogueknight333:

Hello, I am rogueknight333. I recently won the Golden Dragon Award for Best Debut Author, and my module, Swordflight Chapter One, won the award for Best Roleplaying Module.

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend this IRC chat due to other commitments, but I hope no one will interpret my absence as indicating a lack of interest. I am extremely honored to be the recipient of these awards, and would like to take this opportunity to thank the AME for the work they do to provide this kind of recognition to people like me: it is greatly appreciated. I would also like to congratulate the other winners and finalists and thank them for producing work that has made it an honor to be included in their company.

I was attempting to create a game in the style of Baldur's Gate (if you are familiar with that series) with my module, and it combines challenging tactical combat and some old-school dungeon-crawling with lots of opportunities for role-playing and character interaction. If that sounds like something that would appeal to you, you will find the module waiting for you on the vault, where you can also post any questions or comments you might have on my work. I am currently facing the daunting challenge of trying to produce Chapter Two in something resembling a reasonable amount of time.

....and another:

Jassper:

First off, let me thank the community for such an award, obviously without them my work would be for nothing. Regrettably I was unable to attend the IRC chat as it fell on the same day as my son’s graduation party.

I’m extremely honored to receive the award for Community Contributor and quite frankly very surprised. There are many others out there that put forth their time and effort and produce a lot for the community – my hats off to them as well.

I plan to continue to contribute as much as my time allows. I feel this community is the best that I have been involved with for a long time. While many of you enjoy creating Modules and PWs, it is my enjoyment to help you reach that goal.

My web site is long overdue for an update, and in the mean time I will continue to answer questions the best I can on the forums. Thanks again and I look forward to working with all of you for many games to come.

Jassper
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:43:21 AM by Tybae » Logged

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #1
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »
sixesthrice Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Wyrmling

Luckily for Tybae, sixesthrice came to the rescue with his copy of the chat log. Hurrah! Stay tuned Cheesy

Thanks!
- Six

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: