Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
October 17, 2019, 03:46:27 PM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Golden Dragon Awards Discussion Forum
| | |-+  Did I miss it?
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Did I miss it?  (Read 3592 times)
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:15:17 AM »
Fester Pot Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

Did NWVault have the announcement of 2008 NWN AME Awards on its site like it has in previous years?

The reason I'm asking is that I went to the AME Awards Page ( http://nwvault.ign.com/static.php?page=AME ) to find the links. They're easier to use compared to listening and doing searches for the content Smiley

Yet, the page is not even updated. I could not find a news announcement either. Also, none of the badges have been applied to any of the winners.

Is it just me or has NWVault really lost a skip in its heartbeat since Maximus handed over the duties?

FP!

Reply #1
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Did NWVault have the announcement of 2008 NWN AME Awards on its site like it has in previous years?

The reason I'm asking is that I went to the AME Awards Page ( http://nwvault.ign.com/static.php?page=AME ) to find the links. They're easier to use compared to listening and doing searches for the content Smiley

Yet, the page is not even updated. I could not find a news announcement either. Also, none of the badges have been applied to any of the winners.

Is it just me or has NWVault really lost a skip in its heartbeat since Maximus handed over the duties?

No, thats us. Smiley I haven't sent the Vault the announcement yet, for a couple of reasons. One is that we've been swamped for the last couple of weeks with other work (the NWN2 GDA nominations phase just closed yesterday), and Qk has been very busy and is still working on the winners video. I wanted to wait until we had a breather, and the video was ready, before sending the winner info on to the Vault. But I also didn't want to hold up the announcements to the community, or to delay recording and airing the podcast show.

The NWN1 2008 GDA Winners Announcement is up on the AME Website's Front Page, if you want to check it out, and the page listing the winners is here. As a general rule, the AME website is the best place to look for official announcements and information regarding the AME and the GDAs, especially since we'll be moving in a couple of months to a new site that's not hosted on the Vault. (For those who may not have heard, Vault site hosting will be ending at the end of August.)

Andarian
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:48:11 AM by Andarian » Logged

Reply #2
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
Lore of Old Offline
Bronze Dragon
High ELVEN Mage - and Lord of Destiny and Fate. Posts: 334

Sorry, did you say that Maximus stepped down? Really?  Shocked Shocked

And men created God at their image and likelihood.

The portuguese NWN1 Wiki.

Reply #3
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Sorry, did you say that Maximus stepped down? Really?  Shocked Shocked

Not as far as I know

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #4
« on: June 28, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »
Fester Pot Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

He hasn't stepped down, he just has someone else posting updates, news, etc. I think it's Beyond The Pale doing those responsibilities now, which is why I asked in the first place. Since those responsibilities have been given to someone else, I find updates on the vault a lot slower compared to when Maximus did it all himself.

FP!

Reply #5
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:23:56 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

He hasn't stepped down, he just has someone else posting updates, news, etc. I think it's Beyond The Pale doing those responsibilities now, which is why I asked in the first place. Since those responsibilities have been given to someone else, I find updates on the vault a lot slower compared to when Maximus did it all himself.

FP!

BTP has a lot on his plate.  He has always been in charge of HoF, adding/removing tags to user names, all vault contests, etc.  He has just recently been posting news and the such.  With everything he has to do, it's a good idea to remind him once in a while.  Smiley

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #6
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:57:38 AM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

There really is a lot more to running the Vault than what we see on the front page. Beyondthepale took over as site manager after I had to leave. Everyday there there is tons of work to do: checking and approving files, uploading the large files of authors off the FTP, e-mails all day long, often questions about how to do xxx, which you provide links for them to elsewhere in the community, voting problems that need investigating. Posting up news, keeping up to date with developers or issues, publishing the BioWare forum highlights, keeping the Official game FAQ pages going...all this for NWN1 & NWN2. Then there is the monthly HoF list, publishing the details and then adding the tags...often the authors have other tags on their profile so a whole new tag needs to be made in order to attach the HoF one. Promo ads, they need fixing up, linking and publishing, Polls etc. The list goes on really, always something to do, someone to mail. BTP most likely has a day job as well, so he has to fit this all in before work and after.

Some of the systems are automated now, like community news etc, but most everything requires BTP's attention in one form or another. The NWVault is the busiest Vault on the whole of the IGN network. Maximus is IGN's production manager, he was doing that job and trying to maintain the Vault, which in the end, became a problem for him. He is still about, but everything goes through BTP for NWVault stuff.

It really is a lot of hours work everyday, he does a smashing job, one I couldn't do if I had a day job as well! I think we should award the Vault a special dragon just for keeping everything together...maybe a diamond studded dragon...that sounds nice!  Grin

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: