Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
May 26, 2020, 02:45:43 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Academy for Modding Excellence News
| | |-+  Golden Dragon Interview: savant
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Golden Dragon Interview: savant  (Read 7277 times)
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Today we have an interview with savant, who picked up the Best Action award for the final part of the Aielund Saga. We talked to savant about how it feels to win awards, whether that's it for the Saga, and what's up next...

You're a second time around winner of a Golden Dragon award - how does it feel?
I'm feelin' the love, Ben  Smiley . Seriously it's quite an honour to be up there with the other quality producers of nwn1 mods, it really is a labour of love.

The last part of the saga also picked up a MotY - better or worse than a Golden Dragon?    Wink

They're both equally awesome  Smiley .

The last part of the saga picked up the award for Best Action, but what was the strongest part of the module for you?

From a technical standpoint, the level of scripting was far above anything else I'd done to that point. More special effects and such, and just a smoother experience overall.

But the single strongest part is the battle against the Adamantium golems in the citadel. The cutscene leading into that was something I pictured in my mind long before the mod started, I'm really quite proud of it   

You threatened last year to update the Aielund Saga with 1.69 content- any plans on that?

As a matter of fact, Aielund 2.0 is nearly complete. Just waiting on some of the hakpacks to be updated to 1.69 compatibility before I can release it, plus I have some other stuff I'm adding in just now.

Is there something you'd like to revisit on the module?

The final fight in Act 3 needed to be touched up quite a bit, and I'm doing that in the revised version. There's tons of other stuff I'm doing too, it really is a major overhaul! I always wanted to add more dialog options too, and I've managed to do that in a few places, but not nearly enough I'm afraid.

Are you intending to do any more modding for this or other games?

I am sometimes tempted to do an epilogue mod for Aielund in nwn1, but I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I'd prefer to focus on my novels for my next project.

You talked about starting a novel. How is that going?

Slowly at the moment, I've been putting my energies towards updating the Aielund Saga for the past couple of months. I do have the prologue finished, and that's up on my website, but I'm only halfway through the first chapter thus far. Once the mod is finished, I'll dedicate more time to writing.

Have you had any time to play some of the other modules available?

Alas, no. I barely get time to work on my own, and when I do, it usually involves playtesting. I do hope to get some time to check out other great mods in the near future though.

Thanks savant, and we'll be keeping an eye out for your next project...

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Reply #1
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Good stuff Savant.  The I've spent countless hours playing The Aielund Saga.  I think my wife hates you, though.  Wink

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #2
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Savant Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

Hehe I get that a lot  Cool

Reply #3
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:33:59 AM »
sirchet Offline
Silver Dragon
Force For Goodness Posts: 528