Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
October 15, 2019, 07:17:32 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Golden Dragon Awards Discussion Forum
| | |-+  Many Thanks For The Award!
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Many Thanks For The Award!  (Read 3910 times)
« on: July 19, 2008, 01:06:42 PM »
Lance Botelle Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

Hi,

And a big thank-you to both the AME group and those that have taken the time to both nominate me and give the votes that helped me to win "Debut Author" for "NWN 2007 AME Awards". Having the recognition for the work and hours (over the years) of time I invested into making the module has come to a welcome fruition with this award.

One of my only regrets is that I did not start contributing to the community a lot earlier. However, now that I have changed my premise for a target audience, I hope to address that and produce more for the community in the future.  Smiley

A big thank-you once more... THANK-YOU!

Lance.

Reply #1
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

No, thank you Lance!  Without people like you, this community won't exist.  You deserve the award. 

T

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #2
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
laisee Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

ditto to what Tybae said!!   Your module was such a rare gem!!

I only regret that it hadn't been nominated in the replayable category as I am constantly thinking about returning and having another go even though I have played through two or three times already!!  AME is a big time commitment which often doesn't allow us to linger and replay modules that we are fond of due to requirements to test out many others.

NWN single player mod player for over 5 years

Reply #3
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »
Lance Botelle Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

Hi Laisee,

Thanks for the kind words. "Replayability" was also suggested by a few others that I know after having spoken to them about the award, so I guess there is a good claim for that. Still, I am absolutely delighted with the Debut Author. It means a lot to me. Smiley

Lance.

Reply #4
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:29:50 AM »
Starlight Offline
AME member
Bronze Dragon

Congratulations, Lance! You have done a really great job to create such a innovative work. Although I like other modules better, the module system, the ideas and your dedication have outshine the other candidates. You truly deserve it, trust me  Smiley

If everything goes wrong, go for the eyes!

Reply #5
« on: August 08, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
Lance Botelle Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Dragon Egg

Hi Starlight,

Thanks for your support. Smiley

I am going to go a little more traditional in my next module ... although with some added elements. Wink

However, I am doing the new one in NWN2 and you have to be more of an artist than NWN1, which leaves me a little behind some of the really great designs that I see coming along out there. Hopefully, I will be able to add one or two playing elements that excite the player as much as the great artistry that people can design.

Time will tell....

Lance.

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: