Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
October 15, 2019, 05:34:16 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Academy for Modding Excellence News
| | |-+  AME: A look under the hood, part II
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: AME: A look under the hood, part II  (Read 4255 times)
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

We continue our rather unusual look inside the Academy for Modding Excellence, with some more testing questions for some of the panel members...

Is AME everything you though it’d be?
•   Tybae: Yes and much, much more.  I am very proud to be a member of the AME and I hope to be so for years to come.  It’s really renewed my passion for NWN and the community.
•   Andarian: More, I think. I've learned to have fairly modest expectations from volunteer endeavors like this one. But the folks who've joined and stayed with the AME have a real passion for the game and what people have built for it. I think that's a big part of what's made it so successful.
•   Starlight: Mostly. I agree that with the awards it could encourage more community members to create modules, custom contents with great quality. The only problem is how to make a difficult decision while there are so many great creation inside the vault!
•   B G P Hughes: Yes, in fact more. I never envisioned a website, forums, videos, etc when there was just Mokah, QSW and I kicking around ideas. That said, I intend to go after the paper press with the awards this year, so it could get bigger...
•   Qk: Yes, but i was expecting a little more support from the community. cause all the people in here are really worthy to judge or give opinion about a nwn work.
•   Alban: To be honest, I had no precise idea of what to expect.
•   SirChet: Actually, AME is exactly as I presumed it would be, a group of dedicated, very talented, and selfless individuals hoping to shed a little light on the accomplishments of our community's members.

Who is the panel member you most dislike?
•   Tybae: It all boiled down to Qkrch.  After seeing all of your videos in your Youtube library, I’d have to say I dislike you the most.  You live in a beautiful country, you’ve experienced all those things while speaking gibberish.     My dislike for you, strong it is.  Although I’m not sure if it’s dislike or pitty.   
•   Andarian: What do you mean, "most?"
•   Sixesthrice: Well, after reading Tybae refering to me as COCKNEY! I be a reet Northerner, pal.
•   Over My Head: I am enormously annoyed by a person named Qk at these boards. Hell yes, he could run these boards by his own as almost all nominations are made by Qk! Every time when I'm about to represent my favourite to be nominated, I can already be sure, Qk already made the call. Come on, really, what's the rush? You can be sure, within 10 minutes all nominations are made by Qk, and we are left with the left-overs (no offense meant!). Seriously, Qk, you're really OK   .
•   Qk: Everybody. Nobody nominated me for any of my... 20 nwn2 works, specially Tybae for making me believe that could happen, Ben for making me work like an idiot and the newbies that couldn't follow my nomination rythm.
•   Alban: BGPHughes. He's the boss here, and the one who whips all of us. Definitely the one to hate.
•   nereng:Ben, for pestering me to answer all these questions. Do I look like I have nothing better to do than filling out questionaires?
•   SirChet: I would have to say OMH, I'm probably just envious of his ability to function so well in many different aspects of this community, and his avatar is cooler than mine.

Who is the member you most like? Why?
•   Tybae: This one’s easy.  Who is better than me?  I mean, really?  Is there any force in the universe as great as Tybae?  I think not!  Why?  Isn’t it obvious?  Oh, and modesty & humility are my best qualities.
•   Andarian: That would have to be Andarian. He reminds me a lot of myself.
•   B G P Hughes: Could be Tybae for his endless good humour, or maybe Chet for being so gracious. Or whoever makes the most nominations or never misses a deadline. Hell, I like everyone, even Qk.
•   Over My Head: Most of all, I like Sirchet. He's the opposite of Qk, he's always good at making nominations, but in the end always has to withdraw his vote due to getting involved in the project.
•   Qk: Alban, of course, he didn't interfere with my nominations because he couldn't nominate due to technical problems with the PC  . And I've been with him everyday on chat, discussing awards, nominations and thoughts that was really helpful even he thinks is not.
•   Alban: Qk. Always loved 2 meters tall cockroachs.

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Reply #1
« on: June 14, 2008, 02:18:46 AM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

*Shakes her head and chuckles behind a silver wing*

You are all nuts, bonkers, demented! This is a great idea by the way, and a heck of a lot of fun to read. Now I think it is time for the rest of the team to noodle whip Ben because he neglected to answer question 2 him self Tongue

Who is the panel member you most dislike?

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #2
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:08:52 AM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Actually, I answered it, but then I edited myself out for being dull to listen to! Wink

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Reply #3
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:15:27 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Actually, I answered it, but then I edited myself out for being dull to listen to! Wink

Yeah, I have a hard time staying awake reading your posts too Ben.  Wink

Oh, QSW is calling us nuts?  Isn't that a little bit like Willie Nelson calling someone a tax cheat?  Wink  Hehe. 

We are all nuts.  If we were all sane, how would we get along?  I've been thinking lately that AME stands for Asylum Monitoring on Everyone.  Seriously, I haven't had this much fun in an organization like this in years.  Anyone who's not a member is really missing out.  *points at a silvery dragon*  Hehe.  I'm just full of it today and I haven't even had my coffee yet. 

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #4
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
Wyrin Offline
Golden Dragon Winner
Cracked Dragon Egg

this is a nice series, and an interesting, if scar, insight Wink

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: