Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
October 15, 2019, 07:01:33 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  Academy for Modding Excellence News
| | |-+  AME: A look under the hood: Part 1
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: AME: A look under the hood: Part 1  (Read 3025 times)
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:14:10 AM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

====================================
With the nominations and awards for both NWN and NWN2 almost complete, this seems a good moment to reveal a little more about just who is AME? In order to answer that, some of the AME members gathered together to answer a few truly incisive questions!

In your view, what is the category you’d most like to win?
•   Tybae: I would like to win the Community Contribution Category.  Why?  It would really make me feel like I’ve been able to give back to the community that’s given me so much.
•   Andarian: Best Adventure Module. I'm primarily a traditional storyteller, and the adventure category's focus on storytelling, narrative and dramatic "experience" is what I'm most interested in -- both as a player, and as a builder.
•   Sixesthrice: Best Tileset, for reasons hopefully obvious. Spent too high a percentage of my NWN-time working on them to even think about any other catagory.
•   Estelindis: Well, I've been building a module for years, and it's nowhere close to finished, so...  Début Author!  Because I could only win it if I had finished my module and the result was someway decent, which is an achievement that would mean the world to me.     Or... maybe...  What about Veteran Author?  In such a fictional-theoretical universe, I would have completed multiple good modules!  Now I'm getting greedy.      Well, we can all have our dreams, right?
•   B G P Hughes: Community Contribution. That seems to be the creme de la creme, since it gets the most nominations, and it's a real 'service' award. Or Veteran Author, which is the module author specific version.
•   Over My Head: Ever since Neverwinter Nights' first release, I have always dreamt of creating a Persistent World that could be the new home of all those wandering minds seeking shelter in a fantasy environment, fleeing reality. Bearing this in mind, I spent all time possible within the Toolset and Multiplayer, enjoying the presence of other beings, and creating something that could one day turn to be a home to where fleers from all over the world gather. My most desired category to win, would definitely be Multiplayer.
•   Qk: Sound & Music category. That would mean that i'm back to the music and the guitar and left over this damn videogame.

What is your funniest moment in AME?
•   Tybae: That’s a good question.  Probably being able to poke fun at people/situations throughout the cycle.  It’s a toss up between that and imagining SixesThrice’s cockney accent while reading his posts.  Owdo back at yeeeeeee!  (You'll have to forgive me.  My knowledge of UK sects is limited to Guy Ritchie movies and really old episodes of ‘Whose line is it anyway?’)
•   Andarian: What is your funniest moment in AME? That would probably be when my wife walked into our office while I was evaluating a certain rather "risque" nomination. "No, honey, it's work for the AME! Honest!"
•   Estelindis: Checking the final date for nominations was always good for a laugh...  Man, every time I'd look at the deadline, it would just crack me up.
•   Starlight: Same as Andarian. I have to explain to my partner when I try to review the "intimate Action" hakpack for my sudden interest in "straight" action. 
•   Over My Head: I had a really good laugh figuring out, while playing a Team Module, what was causing the smell in a cave we were exploring. Obviously, it was not my character, he's a refined and scholared Sorcerer.
•   Qk: Listening Ben's voice while doing the videos.

Check back for more smart and revealing answers from some of our panel members in the days to come!

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: