Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
August 17, 2019, 03:26:32 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  AME Member Biographies
Advanced search
Pages 1 2 Go Down
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: AME Member Biographies  (Read 22629 times)
Reply #15
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »
MadK@ Offline
AME member
Cracked Dragon Egg

Hola, I'm Shelley (aka MadKat / MadKitty / MadK@) I live in Perth, Western Australia and I am a gamer girl.  Cool
I've played NWN and NWN2 since the day they were released which progressed to toolset addiction, sleep deprivation and a few heated discussions with the significant other.

I joined the NWN persistent world Avlis in 2005 and became QA Lead in early 2006. My role on Avlis snowballed into server administrator, lead builder, DM and most recently I was promoted to Lead Producer.
I took on the role as QA Lead for the NWN2 persistent world Avlis 2 in 2007 and currently hold the position of Lead Producer there too.

I've done a few QA projects including Mysteries of Westgate, Dragon Age toolset beta and I currently help out ProjectQ.

When I'm not building or QA'ing something I enjoy playing rpg and fps games, and being a Mummy (Mommy for the other side of the planet) to my 3 kids (15 yr old girl, 13 yr and 9 yr old boys) and baby beagle.

Reply #16
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:18:45 AM »
Quillmaster Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Hi,

I'm Quillmaster, single parent to a delightful four year old boy called Max.  His real name is Maximilian, but I just call him Max, leaving him the option to use his full name in later life should he wish to become a superhero or evil dictator. Wink

I've played NWN1 since release, and chose my handle to reflect my heavy tabletop DM background, which I still participate in to this day.

I'm an artist from Kent in the UK, with a background in Graphic Design.  As such I love anything that allows me creative expression, hence my interest in the NWN1 toolset.  I'm also a perfectionist, which is a curse, as things take far longer to complete than I'd like (for example, I'm always trying to dress an NPC to match their portrait), and it can make me overly critical of my own work as well as the work of others.

Time is a valuable commodity to me what with the single parent thing, but I have contributed a few things to the vault, most noteably my DM sandbox "Muddles in Milton" that came with a comprehensive DM guide, and more recently my single player mod "The Relbonian Chronicles - Chapter One".

I joined AME as I'm eager to keep NWN1 alive for as long as possible.

Smiley

Reply #17
« on: July 12, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »
Bezurn Offline
AME member
Dragon Egg

Hello NWN Community!

My handle is Bezurn, a derivative inspired by my favorite MMO Asheron's Call.  I am 31 years old and have an extensive gaming background in many types of games.  In the last 10 years I have played more RPG's, MMOs, and Strategy games.  I tend to favor sandbox games more than linear games, though both can be good or bad depending on how well the execution is.

I have played NWN for about 3 years both single player and multi player modules.  I was also a member of the persistent world ALFA which is a heavy RP setting that I enjoyed very much while I had the time to play it.  I also played D&D with friends in the neighborhood when I was younger.  I've recently renewed my passions for NWN after having played a great amount of the Civilization and Mass Effect series in the last few years.  Though I do not hold as esteemed credentials as those who have posted before me in the NWN community, I have dabbled in the toolset for both NWN titles but have not published anything.  My primary focus is to play as many NWN 2 modules as possible and to add another voice to offer more varied opinions in selecting nominations worthy of the Golden Dragon Award.

I look forward to experiencing the many great contributions by the community and speaking up for those that offer me the most enjoyment.

Reply #18
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:57:53 AM »
Spidercat Offline
NWN2: Team Leader
Global Moderator
Copper Dragon

Hi all, I'm Callista, you can call me either that or Spidercat, whatever's your cat's meow   Wink I live in Belgium.  I've been a scifi/fantasy/horror buff for as long as I can remember and been playing P&P games for some 25 years.

I discovered NWN some 6 years ago but it took me a while to discover the vault and the many modules I could download there. But once I was there, there was no stopping! I especially like roleplay/storytelling modules, and also horror modules, though I've only played one so far that I thought was real horror stuff.

I'm also an addicted Dragon Age player (mostly DA2 for the moment but I intent to go back to DAO sometime)

My other hobbies are paint shop pro, comics (my favorite of all times being Universal War One by french author Denis Bajram), P&P games, and cuddling my 3 lovely cats  ♥

/\__/\       
 (='.'= )   
(")___(")   Callista aka Spidercat

I say Meow!

Reply #19
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
TimG Offline
AME member
Hatchling

greetins'
My name is Tim.  I am fairly late to the NWN thing having gotten a copy late in 2008.  My wife and I were looking for something to do that winter and we gamed through everything in the Diamond Edition during the cold weather of 08-09.  It was great.  Bit by bit I have gathered more stuff to make a 6 person LAN for the basement(stuck at 5 for now) for wintertime gaming with friends and family.  Unfortunately my time to play is pretty limited.  I have no programing experience so the toolset is totally beyond me.  It's been an uphill climb just to get the "haks" and "mod" files sorted out so that the different computers will all log on together and the modules working properly.  I suppose I've learned a lot about modding from watching the work of others but I just don't have the time to learn to do it myself.
I am lucky enough to have internet access at work so when there's no real work to do I can sneak on and study the Vault, Bioware forums (I miss the old one) and now here as well.  Sometimes I can log on for a while and sometimes just very short check ins.
Before NWN I had no experience with DnD at all and considered Betrayal at Krondor to be the greatest RPG computer game of all time.  Truth to be told it still stacks up well today.  NWN is very versatile and I consider the multiplayer experience to be the best sort of fun.  We cook a big pot of chilli and lots of snacks and everyone comes over and slays foes!  It's only a few times per year but damn its good!
I do try to playtest everything I present to my group because it is a very casual gaming group with no interest wasting a lot of time on modules that don't go anywhere.  That's sort of what lead me here, I figured if I was already reviewing mods for my friends and family I could pass along information about how casual players doing the muiltplayer LAN thing react to what is available.
All the persistent world stuff seems to hardcore for me but goofing off at home I can do.
My favorite modules are (in no real order)
Agrenost
The Accursed Tower
Cormyrean Nights
Eye of the Beholder
Darkness over Daggerford
The Cave of Songs

I am saving the Prophet series for when the third chapter comes out.
I generally play fighter types and never do well with spellcasters.
In real life I sell automobile paint (which has proven an economic loser in these tougher times).
I am forty years old.
That's really all I can think of for now...

Print  Pages 1 2 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: