Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
December 14, 2017, 09:01:37 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  AME Member Biographies
Advanced search
Pages 1 2 Go Down
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: AME Member Biographies  (Read 17884 times)
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:05:04 AM »
BenWH Offline
Inactive Member
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Hi

My name is Ben, known as B G P Hughes in the community.

I've been a member of the NWN community since the original boards (1999?).

Past Works
I've been a slow and steady contributor to NWN in various forms since inception. I first started by releasing a giant module with my brother called Birthright of the North, which was surprisingly succesful, topping the Vault and Stratics charts, receiving favourable reviews and being released with several magazines in different countries. The Wanderer series followed on the heels of Birthright, with both Wanderer modules also soon joining the Hall of Fame, and The Wanderer taking a Reviewer's Award. I later produced CEP versions of both modules.

Alongside this work, I also released a series of scripts and other bits and bobs to the Vault to help module builders in NWN, then in 2005 I turned my attention to the HoF Guild to produce the Tales of the Sundering series, some of which eventually saw the light of day in their original form after flirting with the Premium Module Programme.

In 2006 I wrote and designed the module Wyvern Crown of Cormyr with DLA, which was released in September 2006 by Bioware/Atari as part of the Premium Module programme.

I then signed up as a Beta Tester on NWN2, producing several tutorials on the toolset, and then after release, I took on the responsibilities of an NWN2 Rep for the toolset, from which I resigned in September 2007, as real life demands became too much!

In October 2007, Tales of the Sundering Prelude joined all the previous modules in the Hall of Fame, making it a very pleasing 'full set'.

Across 2008-2009 I worked on professional modules for NWN2 and The Witcher. Sadly none of these saw the light of day when various parties became short of funds to produce them. Maybe one day I'll publish them all as short stories instead...

I am one of the original members of AME, aiding in it's foundation in 2007 and structuring much of it's vision, goals and organisational structure alongside some other stalwarts. I also Chaired the organisation from late 2007 until early 2009.

Current Activities
I'm retired for now from all things game related, except the occasional playing and commenting here in AME.

All of my work can be found here: Click Here for portfolio
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:51:09 AM by BenWH » Logged

B G P Hughes
NWN and NWN2 works: Click Here

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Reply #1
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Updated August 17, 2011

Hi.  I'm Tybae.  I'm a former Chairman and current Forum Administrator for the AME.  I have been a member of the AME since 2007, but came in a little too late to vote on awards for 2006.  I have been very active in the NWN community since I bought this extremely addictive game in 2006.  I came into the fold rather late, but better late than never.  Wink

I have been gaming D&D ever since I could read the manuals and understand them, which was Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.  I love the game and love the stories I get to be a part of.  When I first saw NWN, I never gave it a second look.  Then a co-worker of mine, Frank, kept preaching and preaching this game.  I finally broke down and bought a copy and have been helplessly addicted ever since.  

I am not a module builder, or a CC creator.  I have a couple of screw around modules I've built learning the engine and toolset.  I have been a beta tester for CTP and have loved that.  They really do some great work over there.  I have beta tested several modules and have been enjoying that immensely.  I am an occasional guest host and guest on The Only NWN Podcast and am a closet member of the Overlooked Modules Report, although I do need to contribute there more.  Smiley  Since I am not a builder, modeler, or CC creator, I look at my membership to the AME as a way of giving back to the community that has given me so much.  

See you all around!  

-T-
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:55:49 PM by Tybae » Logged

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #2
« on: January 07, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »
Estelindis Offline
AME member
Bronze Dragon

Hi!  My name is Siobhán.  I'm known as Estelindis in the NWN community. 

I've been playing NWN1 since 2002 and NWN2 since, er, 2006.  Wink  The aspects of the NWN world that interest me most are playing custom modules, building the same, and creating custom content. 

In terms of module playing: I am immensely proud of the rich and vibrant community that has developed around NWN1 and NWN2, and of the fact that the cream of player-built modules are even better than the official modules released by the developers (which I've also enjoyed).  I have played and loved a great many of the modules on the Vault, and I think it's important to encourage builders with praise and constructive criticism.

In terms of module building: for the past four years, I've been working on a NWN interpretation of one of my pencil-and-paper campaigns (my favourite, and my players' favourite too), which is set in the Wizards' Reach region of the Unapproachable East. 

In terms of custom content: I have one hakpak on the Vault, FR Deity and Faction Cloaks, which is in the Hall of Fame.  I've created custom content for NWN2 as well, but it's all been small-scale stuff that I've done as favours for people - not released on the Vault.  I am a member of Forgotten Realms Weave.  In addition, I have created quite a bit of unreleased custom content for the module I'm building.

I have also DM'd pencil-and-paper D&D for the past eight years. This experience has something in common with building for NWN, and helps me to appreciate the difficulties of crafting NPCs, writing conversations, and creating the illusion of player choice while maintaining a strong story. 

I'm enjoying being a member of the AME, and hope that this initiative for recognising community effort helps to motivate and keep alive the hard-working community of which we are all members.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:43:13 PM by Estelindis » Logged

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
~~~ C. S. Lewis

Reply #3
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:08:13 AM »
Qkrch Offline
Former Members
Copper Dragon

Hola

My name is Qkrch (c ockroach, qk for friends) and I’ve been a member of the NWN community since the game was released. I am spanish and i usually play or build in my language, but always keeping an eye for the international community.

Past Activities

Admin of the spanish pw CielosOscuros.com for nwn1 and the spanish nwn community Neverwinteros.com. I was also design member of the DMFI team and played many english sp mods. I left all nwn1 in January 2006 because i finally detested it after had nightmares with square tiles...

Current activities

When nwn2 arrived, i took again all my tasks and added some new ones. I am building for CielosOscuros nwn2, i'll update  am currently the Head designer of the NWN2 DMFI tools, i keep the news in Neverwinteros and now i'm more focused to the International community too. One of my dreams became true and i associated with a translation group called Dlan and export the best nwn2 mods to the spanish language. My portfolio is full of original work to open minds into the nwn community.

Extra Info

I'm not active at nwn1 anymore but i spent most of my time playing and building with international content. I left because i couldnt find any new project to estimulate myself. Now it's worst, i'm a nwn2 freak builder and i have many projects that i love a lot. What qualifies me to be in AME is that i'm a very experienced builder, there are no things in nwn that can resist my deeds and i recognize the good work at first sight.... because of the love i have to this game Smiley.

I hate to play the official campaigns (i think only finished SoU) but the community works is like a bless for my lost time.

Un placer  Cheesy

Qk now helps only with administration
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:41:24 AM by BenWH » Logged

Reply #4
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
sirchet Offline
Silver Dragon
Force For Goodness Posts: 528

Hi everyone, I was very pleased when BenWH asked if I'd like to be part of the Academy for Modding Excellence.
I'd like to share a little bit about myself with you all.

I'm SirChet, aka Chet, an avid DnD fanatic, I've played PnP DnD since the late 70's, and am absolutely crazy about the modding community that has risen around NWN1 and NWN2. The thought of people sharing their creations, advice, and opinions on a common passion is simply amazing.

I've been fortunate enough to be a part of the team that brought Jacky's "Night Howls in Nestlehaven" to the vault, (Gaming Parents Studios) and I am so very proud of my team mates. It's hard to believe NHiN has been number one for so long. I've also had the opportunity to assist with translation and a small amount of dialog work on Pool of Radiance Remastered, A Hunt Through The Dark Remastered, A Secret in Stone, and The Dawn of Threshold.

I'm also an active member of "The Neverwinter Reviewers Guild", another group of exceptionally talented people serving the modding community.

I've also had my hand in a few Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 mods, and played a small part in the Circle of Eight's "Mod pack 5.0", (mostly alpha and beta testing).

I did a very small amount of testing for the Co8's newest mod "Keep on the Borderlands" which will be released 2/01/08.

My personal background:

I'm a retired soldier, (2nd Ranger Battalion, US Army).
I'm married to a fantastic woman, have one grown son, a 160 pound dog named Fluffy, and a very spoiled cat.
My real life profession is high-end electronic and physical security including but not limited to surveillance, mostly commercial and Dept.of Defense sites.

As always, please feel free to pm or email me, for I don't know if your advice is good, or bad until you share it with me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:47:34 PM by sirchet » Logged

Help is good when asked for,
better when needed.

Neverwinter Reviewers Guild

Gaming Parents Studios

Reply #5
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
Starlight Offline
AME member
Bronze Dragon

It seems that I'm really late to put in my biography...

Hi all, I'm Starlight (in Bioware Forum) or hmdai (in NWVault). My name is Dai Hay-Ming (My Chinese name or, you could call me Hillman) and is a native Hong Kong people.

I am rather late to contact CRPGs. Firstly I have only played the Chinese CRPGs. I recall that the first English game I have tried is Diablo (It is really regret that I have already passed the golden period of Baldur's Gate), I am impressed by the fire animation and terrifying atmosphere (especially playing at night). After that I played Diablo II with my colleagues. However, I have fed up with the endless cow killing and greatly unbalanced characters. Then NWN has caught my sight.

However, as I'm a Linux user, I have to wait until the Linux client is released which a year later (it is a really long wait). Although it is rather inconvenient to use to toolset, I could still overcome it with wine (Thanks to the Linux community). Although I have purchased NWN2 and MoTB and have my PC installed Windows XP as dual-boot, I mostly concentrate on NWN (I still have a long list of modules pending for playing)

Apart from gaming, I also like reading novels, science/fantasy fictions, comics , mangas, D&D manuals (because of NWN), watching animations, films and dramas, listening musics, collecting Dragons sculptures. My latest hobbies is painting. If I have got the chance I will also go Hiking. However, the most serious problem is I have too many hobbies and too little money and time. *sign*

Past Activities
I am neither a mod builder or scripter. I only help by playing modules and giving comments.

I have been a helper of "Overlooked Module Reports" since the project start. I search for some least known modules, try them and making recommendations to the group if it deserve an attention. I have also tried the modules recommended by the others and give out comments about them.

Apart from the above work, I also help in an idea inspired by Hugie to distribute the module "Solaufein" written by Celes through email. Due to some past events, the module is no longer exist in NWVault. I have also toned down the combat difficulties of it from "difficult" to "normal" and add CEP v1.68 compatibility to it. You could still send a mail to me and request for the module.

Current Activities
As the original maintainer of Overlooked Module List, Caesarbear, is no longer active due to real life issue. I take up the role as maintainer recently until he is back. I know it is rather late to make the decision, I hope this can breath new life into the list and attract more attention to those modules which are not well-known enough...I have also taken over as the maintainer of Romance Module List and maintaining the list Horror Module Collection

My personal background
I'm gay and, although Hong Kong is not a good and gay-friendly city, I live with my partner happily and peacefully.

I'm now working as an application support in an investment bank. However, I find that I'm not as interested as I think in IT field. I wish to do something more artistic. I'm now making plans and start taking some part-time courses. I hope that I have the talents to do so...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:04:08 PM by Starlight » Logged

If everything goes wrong, go for the eyes!

Reply #6
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:44:53 AM »
laisee Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

Hello, 

Hello, my name is Terry and I am known as Laisee on the vault. I have been playing NWN  pretty much every evening since 2003.  I only play single player and I get stuck on mods that I love.

I am an American in his 50's who has been playing computer games for entertainment ever since the early 80's on my Apple II !!
Before NWN that I was a Diablo II addict and missed Baldurs Gate which my son was playing while enjoying classics like Thief, Half Life and others. I remember playing text based rpg's/dungeon crawls online in the mid 80's.  I have never tried to write or script a module and my current home computer can't handle NWN2.  I just play for fun and am eternally grateful for the wonderful story tellers and game designers that populate this community.

In real life,  I run an executive search firm in Beijing, China.  I have spoken Mandarin for 35 years and have lived in
Asia for 26 years.  It would be fun to create a "headhunter" module some day!!

Laisee was the name of a wonderful business humor column in the South China Morning post in the 80's written by a crazy writer and humorist and in Cantonese it mean's interest as in money and is a euphamism for lucky money packets that are given out during Chinese New Year. 

NWN single player mod player for over 5 years

Reply #7
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

Well met to you all.

I am Queensilverwing, but QSW suits me better and it takes less time to type. Not much to say about me, except I obviously have a split personality since I am also a great big silver dragon, as well as a fiery old windbag who lives in London UK.

I'm not a builder or scripter. I've pulled apart a PW and peered into its gubbins, messed about with making scripts work (thanks Lilac Soul!) and gained a great respect for those in the community who can produce a working module/PW/Custom Content etc. My only contributions to the NWVault (under a different pseudo) have been a couple of characters, and one hak that merged Hydromancerx Fishy /Turtle/ Frogs/Leviathan haks, together with Biowares sharks & Runemaker Undersea Tileset -and let me tell you, I never want to see another .2DA ever again. I'd rather walk over broken glass and clip my own wings before I touch anything of that nature!

I've been a NWVault Reviewer since 2005 and I still enjoy being one.

In real life I'm an (almost) 39 year old mother of two (soon to be three) and I live in London UK. I used to drive the London buses and also was a coach driver among other things. These days I'm a mum at home who is still as in love with NWN1 as she was back in 2002!

Pleased to meet you all.  Grin

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #8
« on: July 06, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
ActorOfVeil Offline
Pseudo Dragon

Greetings for all the readers.

I'm ActorOfVeil from one of the coldest corners of Europe. But it's a FINe land, trust me.  Wink

I started to play Neverwinter Nights from the first installment and even more after the release of Hordes of the Underdark (which I still think that it's the best expansion back in any game ever). I've tried to build something with Aurora toolset but it never became anything. Now I'm making my debut module with Electron toolset and it will be released either this year or next year. I'm perhaps best known from my contribution to BouncyRock's Halloween 2008 module collection and the first part of NWN2 Modulography.

I myself am a complex artist soul with an huge urge to create. I'm trying to become a professional actor (as my username might suggest) and/or auteur-director. I have read lots of books, watched lots of movies and played lots of games so I have lots of experience from different aspects of human soul. Therefore I appriciate modules which can tough people's inner side.

Was nice to write for you.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:51:53 PM by ActorOfVeil » Logged

A good module author is PAG: Patient, Ambitious and Gutsy.

Reply #9
« on: January 02, 2009, 12:25:02 AM »
Eat2surf Offline
Inactive Member
Brass Dragon

Hello... I'm Dave ... Eat2surf

Who is Dave? … Well.. He just sorta is. He hates labels almost as much as he likes writing about himself in third-person. So… I’m a stay-at-home Dad. I’m homeschooling my boy (First Grade) while keeping my three-year-old girl safe and happy… Or should I say that I spend all day protecting our home from the kids.
I’ve been a D&Der since the late 70s. I played my first RPG (Metamorphasis Alpha ) in 1976 and bought D&D in the white box shortly thereafter. Of course, I lived in nowhere Colorado so I played solo or in my head for the early years. That probably explains some things.
If I ever get time to myself these days I like to surf, play guitar, fix up my 61’ Falcon Wagon rust bucket, pretend I’m a viking in the SCA … And I’m thinkin’ of getting a PnP group going again.
I’ve had NWN since before my computer would run it, released some community stuff (Fe Fi Fo Fum !)(Treasure Island), and used the DM-client some (thanks DMFI !). I’ve bought 3 copies of NWN and am waiting for my kids to get old enough to play with me.
Anyway.. That’s me today ... Enjoy!!!

Reply #10
« on: April 10, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Hi,

I'm Andarian, aka tdonadio on the Bioware boards, and I'm the current Chairman of the Academy for Modding Excellence. I'm best known in the Neverwinter Nights community as the author of the Sanctum of the Archmage module series, the first two chapters of which are in the NWN1 Hall of Fame.

I've been a Neverwinter Nights fan since the game was first released in 2002, an avid player of custom modules since 2004, and an avid builder since I started developing the Sanctum series in 2005. I was a dungeon master for many years, and wrote and ran a number of adventures based on the custom gameworld used in the Sanctum of the Archmage saga. I've also been working on trying to develop the saga into a series of novels. My interests in module development focus on exploring RP Gaming as a new artistic medium for interactive storytelling, and I've appeared as a guest discussing that topic on several episodes of the Neverwinter Nights Podcast. I'm also fairly well known as a regular participant in discussions on the Bioware forums for NWN1 and NWN2.

In addition to my module building and fiction writing projects, I also served as AME Vice-Chairman from October 2007 through March 2009, Chairman during the AME's organizing period in the summer of 2007, from March through December 2009, and again from March 2011 to the present. More information about me and my projects, including my work in the Neverwinter Nights community, can be found at the Sanctum of the Archmage Writing Projects Website, or on my blog, The Sanctum.

Andarian/tdonadio
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:16:03 AM by Andarian » Logged

Reply #11
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:28 AM »
Invisig0th

Hello! Invisig0th here. I've been playing NWN1 since the day it was released. I've been experimenting with NWN custom content and scripting since then. Most of those early experiments didn't see the light of day (thankfully), but they helped me to learn what is possible in this game engine and how to push it to its limits.  These days I do a whole lot more building and a lot less playing, because most of my free time is currently spent creating all the custom content necessary for a NWN conversion of the AD&D module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. I frequently take a break from that to help answer questions over in the Bioware NWN1 Scripting, Toolset, and Custom Content forums.  I'm a Microsoft .NET architect consultant by trade, and I would eventually like to have a career building games. I fully expect to be building in the NWN1 toolset for many years to come.

- Invisig0th

Reply #12
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:50:59 AM »
Olivier Leroux Offline
NWN1: Team Leader
Global Moderator
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Hello everyone,

I'm known as Olivier Leroux and I've been playing NWN custom mods for two or three years now. And if it hadn't been for all those talented mod authors and custom content builders out there, I'd never have gotten into NWN in the first place. I couldn't muster the patience to be the hero who rids Neverwinter of the Plague, but I loved being an asylum inmate, a planewalker, a vampire or necromancer, a prophet, a rebellious hacker, a revenant or a member of the Auren Weaver society - just to name a few of the many adventures I lived during these last years. And my hope is that I'm able to give something back to the NWN community by recommending mods to other players, by providing ample feedback to authors, by helping newcomers with playtesting - and now even by joining the AME to make sure excellence in modding is properly awarded!

Unfortunately, I'm currently the only AME member who occasionally enjoys stories in other languages than English, so I'm trying to help setting up an International Recognition Award. But I can't do it on my own, so if you're an avid player like me and proficient in French, Spanish, Portuguese, German or any other language beside English and you think it's time that 'international', that is non-English mods and authors finally get their due, too, come join the team!

FOR THE AME

Reply #13
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:12:36 AM »
Lore of Old Offline
Bronze Dragon
High ELVEN Mage - and Lord of Destiny and Fate. Posts: 334

Hello,

I'm known as Lore of Old. Silly name, really. I've started playing NWN2 when it came out, and I actually got my hands on NWN1 after I had played quite bit of NWN2, but I currently focus my playing in NWN1 (and of course DA). I played countless community made modules, some of them were true gems, some were lacking, but I respect them all, because I know making modules is a labour of love, and I feel grateful to module builders for taking the time to build and submit them for all to enjoy. Like Olivier, I never had the patience to play through any of the OCs, exception goes to MotB, which was very good.

I am a builder myself, and I am currently working on a module for NWN1, which I think I'll actually release in Dragon Age. But my true love is scripting. I have done some basic programming before, but with NWN, and now Dragon Age, I really learned to love it. I think it because of its simplicity and the fact that I can actually use it to create a RPG.

I am also a member of the NWN Review Guild, and of course of the AME. I currently also serve as AME's Vice-Chairman for NWN1. I joined both of this organizations because of the wish to pay back to the community what the it gave me over the years.

I'd like to ask anyone who loves the NWN community and would like to support it in some fashion to join the AME. It really isn't as much work as it seems to be. Wink

And men created God at their image and likelihood.

The portuguese NWN1 Wiki.

Reply #14
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:49:41 AM »
Eva Galana Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

Okay, a few words about myself:

I am an avid DnD player and have been since the early '80's when my then boyfriend (now hubby) noticed I loved to read fantasy (actually, anything I could get my hands on) and invited me to a game of Tunnels and Trolls.  Since then, we played AD&D and I've been, for the most part, THE DM.  I discovered Baldur's Gate I&II when they were released, played Icewind Dale, and then - wonders of wonders - found NWN1 and was hooked.  I love this game almost as much as I love sitting 'round in a circle, DM guide, monster manuals, and players guides and screens set up to block the players’ view of their next greatest - or most hazardous - adventure. 

I am strictly a player of NWN1 - I have NWN2, but have not been able to quite bring myself to even liking it much, so I stick with NWN1.  Maybe it's just because I'm cheap, but I love playing the fan created mods.  No, that's not right.  The fan mods are great, and even someone as stingy as me wouldn't play them if they weren't.  I am a picky player - definitely have a "type" I'd rather play; but I also think I'm adventurous and have played - and enjoyed - mods that are not usually my thing.

I know very little about the toolset, or scripting, or even how the override works; but, I know what I like and when a game plays well.  If I can lose myself in one, I'm a happy camper.  If I can't...well, let's just say that there is at least one author who seems to insert "me" in an unflattering manner in his mods.  *grins*  I love helping out authors with play testing, try to do my little part to support the builders and authors, and have enjoyed my membership in the Reviewers Guild.

RL: I'm a mother of 3 (one a jr. in college, the youngest just turned 5) and the wife of a wonderful guy who fully understands that his wife is a bit nuts.  I am also a part time writer wannabe who just can't quite give up real life in order to pursue her dream.

There...few enough words?

Eva Galana
Half-Elven Rogue without a Clue

Well...now who would have thought THAT would happen?!?

Print  Pages 1 2 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: