Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
July 18, 2019, 08:11:45 PM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  NWN2 mods by coercer_angra
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: NWN2 mods by coercer_angra  (Read 4820 times)
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »
Karen Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Has anybody played, or tried to play, either The Church of Stone or The Spire of Malice? I was so excited to see so many new campaigns being released and I don't know if it's just me, but I just don't get it. There is no way to survive - annihilation seems to be this author's favorite word! You start at level one and then get "annihilated" every 10 seconds. Can anybody explain what the point is of these mods and has anybody actually been able to  finish either of them? I started The Church of Stone but it's really hard to figure out what the hell is going on (you have to do this, then that in the correct order to do the next thing, which doesn't work the way it's supposed to). And the graphics make it very difficult to see and move around in some areas. I only lasted about an hour before giving up. Then tonight I started The Spire of Malice and quickly realized it was the same author since the storekeeper (a "friendly" lich) was the same. I lasted about 2 hours before quitting since  it was impossible to survive, especially for a first level wizard!

Reply #1
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:01 AM »
Arkalezth Offline
AME member
Steel Dragon

I haven't played any of them, but were you level 10+ when you played The Church of Stone?

There's a comment by PJ on that module's page, so maybe he can help you.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:57:21 AM by Arkalezth » Logged

Reply #2
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »
Karen Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

The first level comment had to do with The Spire of Malice. I think I was at least 10th level for the other one. Thanks for letting me know about PJ's comment - I'll check it out. I tried them because I can't get the third chapter of the Wizard's apprentice to load in my puter lol!

Reply #3
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »
GFallen Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

..TWA has a third chapter?

Figures how I've been paying attention these last few months.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:26:28 AM by GFallen » Logged

Reply #4
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:29:05 PM »
Karen Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

It wasn't really announced anywhere, but it's up on the vault. I found a link in the thread Matthew started here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/11060341/2#16992822

I dumped  The Spire of Malice - I just couldn't take it anymore lol! But, I'm trying The Church of Stone again (18th level) and it's going a bit better, but not much. I just realized that the starting  characters in both are the same.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:34:13 PM by Karen » Logged

Reply #5
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
Arkalezth Offline
AME member
Steel Dragon

It was announced here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/16936617

Reply #6
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:46:11 AM »
GFallen Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

A new version of The Spire of Malice is available at Neverwinter Vault:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/spire-malice-chapter-1-0

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: