Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
October 15, 2019, 06:24:50 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Get Well Soon Bannor Bloodfist
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Get Well Soon Bannor Bloodfist  (Read 2837 times)
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

I just heard literally 5 minutes ago that Bannor Bloodfist, a good friend of the AME and a friend of mine, is recovering from major surgery.  I don't know any other details yet, but I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as I find anything out. 

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #1
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Apparently he had a couple of stents put in and almost lost his leg.  That's really all I know.  I have reached out to some other friends to find out if they know anything.  I'll keep you all updated. 

Also, Winterhawk, also a friend, went to visit him in the hospital.  I haven't heard from him yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to keep you all informed.

Reply #2
« on: August 12, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Ok, so news from Bannor's girlfriend.  Bannor had a wound on his leg that wasn't healing.  He's a diabetic, so wounds heal slower for him anyways.  The doctors ended up treating him for gout, which he never had.  He had some tests done and it turned out he had only 5% bloodflow to his leg.  He had a 95% blockage of bloodflow behind his knee.  He had an angioplasty and 3 stents put in and the artery still collapsed.  They ended up doing an 8 hour surgery to bypass the artery almost down the entire leg.  He's in recovery now, but he's still losing blood.  It may be an ulcer that is bleeding.  He is not out of the woods yet.  He could still lose his leg, but it's way too early to tell.  Keep him in your hopes and/or prayers for now. 

Reply #3
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

He is not out of the woods yet.  He could still lose his leg, but it's way too early to tell.  Keep him in your hopes and/or prayers for now.

I'll do that, and thanks for the update.

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: