Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
April 19, 2019, 08:48:16 PM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Adventure Building Challenge
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Adventure Building Challenge  (Read 1340 times)
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:55:26 AM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

The Adventure Building Challenge needs you!

Module builders completed the February cycle, and now we are ready for players to play and review them. Please visit the February thread on the BSN forums, play some of the entries, and let the builder know what you think. The best place to make comments on challenge entries is in February's thread.

"What?"

OK let me back up a bit. At the end of January, I saw a need for something like a game jam for NWN modders, a short cycle that would encourage a builder to conceive and finish a module rather than just talk about the epic work sitting on their hard drive (which describes what I do pretty well). So I looked at the Custom Content Challenge, and decided to start a similar challenge for module builders. That is what we did in February.

Twelve people talked about what they planned to do, and six completed their works. A vast improvement over the same number talking about their module, and yet maybe none producing anything.

Some of the works are rough, as they should be. They now need some reviewers to play them and give the builders feedback. That is also part of the plan. Following the builder cycle, I have been encouraging a cycle of playing and review, and for the module builders to continue to develop their works in response to the comments.

Who better to provide feedback than members of the AME? I hope this gets your attention, and that some (or all) of you come out to play and review.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:02:35 AM by Henesua » Logged

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: