Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
August 17, 2019, 02:40:11 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Neverwinter Nexus
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Neverwinter Nexus  (Read 2802 times)
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:09:42 AM »
Arkalezth Offline
AME member
Steel Dragon

Hello, guys. In case you haven't heard, a Neverwinter Nexus was launched recently. All started when we were discussing on the BSN about the idea of having an alternative to the Vault as a file host (this is the thread). The Nexus was suggested and its admin was contacted. After some talk, he agreed to make it.

For those of you who don't know about the Nexus, it's one of the most important sites for game mods, mainly RPGs like The Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age series. Note that this isn't intended as a replacement to the Vault, the idea is to have both coexisting for as long as possible, but the Nexus has some features that can make it more convenient or easy to use for some people, and being a well-known site, it may attract some more players or modders to the NWN universe. The thread linked above goes further into detail.

The Nexus have sections for both NWN games. A bunch of NWN2 files have already been uploaded and many authors have agreed to upload their stuff both on the Nexus and the Vault, but the NWN1 community has been very silent about it. To those of you who have uploaded files at the Vault, I'd ask you to upload them on the Nexus too, so we can get the site going.

Reply #1
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

This is an interesting development -- I'll look into it when I have time.

Do the Nexus and the Vault have essentially the same rules of use? I don't actually host my core game resources on the Vault; I host on my own website and my Vault page links to it. If the Nexus allows the same thing and is also friendly to cross-linking to Vault resources then it might be worth considering. (For example, I link to a number of CC haks that it wouldn't necessarily be appropriate for me to re-upload to another location.)

Reply #2
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
PJ156 Offline
AME member
Bronze Dragon

I've just started to look at the Nexus and it seems good. There are new names there as well getting excited about NWN 1&2 again.

If we can lure then to both sites we might get some new blood in here.

I see both sites existing side by side, one backing up the other. It is an exciting development.

PJ

Reply #3
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:50:50 AM »
Arkalezth Offline
AME member
Steel Dragon

Andarian: Linking to other sites should be allowed, if only to advertise PWs that use the Autodownloader, but I'm not an uploader myself so I don't know the specifics.

The Nexus has a wiki, I haven't checked it but maybe it says something about that. Also, the admin has been checking the thread I linked in my above post regularly, if you want to ask him there (his username is Dark0ne), or at the NWN forum on the Nexus.

Edit: I asked. If that doesn't help, better to ask him yourself about the details.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:44:55 AM by Arkalezth » Logged

Reply #4
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:16:48 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Edit: I asked. If that doesn't help, better to ask him yourself about the details.

Ark - thanks. I looked at the reply and it's good for what I had in mind. I will check that out when I have time (hopefully in a couple of weeks).

Reply #5
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Exciting news indeed. Perhaps I'll post Arnheim there when I get a chance.

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: