Academy for Modding Excellence
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : MEMBERS WANTED!

Players & Builders of NWN & NWN2 needed to join the AME panel
June 19, 2019, 06:50:49 AM
+  Academy for Modding Excellence
|-+  Academy of Modding Excellence Public Forums
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Absence
Advanced search
Pages 1 Go Down
Author
Topic: Absence  (Read 4547 times)
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Heya folks. sorry for the long absence and lack of participation. I've got a number of irons in the fire, and will have to leave AME on the backburner for awhile.

(1) New baby will be here anyday.
(2) Major set of construction documents that I need to complete soon while starting two new projects.
(3) Getting close to completing a multiplayer module for NWN (while putting Goblin Boy on hold)
(4) The Occupy movement - especially in my home town - is very exciting and I am supporting it (although supporting a family prevents me from actually occupying) in a variety of ways including getting protesters to (instead of march in protest) to visibly provide public services that the city government has had to cutback due to austerity/economic restructuring - sweeping public streets and setting up tutoring programs for youth are two examples that are immediately achievable.

Anyway... lots going on. Between baby, work and revolution I am busy. If work settles down by the holidays (last year I had to skip them), I'll return.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:06:17 PM by Henesua » Logged

Reply #1
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
QSW Offline
AME member
Silver Dragon
QSW by Dragarta Posts: 674

WOW loads going and very exciting! Congrats on the baby, I hope it all goes beautifully Cheesy

I hope to see you about here or on the BSM forums now and again. It has been a pleasure meeting you!

Dragon Disguised as Quality Family Butcher...

Reply #2
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

I hope to still participate here, but my priorities are shifting rapidly. And only part of that is being the father of two boys. Its very hard to continue working when my friends and neighbors are getting shot, gassed, and arrested for peaceably demonstrating.  I feel guilty for having not participating more in these very real issues happening everyday here because I'm busy earning just enough money to support my family. But anyway this is not the forum for this discussion.

I'm not likely to come back here much. But who knows what will happen. Just wanted to say my last bit before disappearing for awhile longer. Good luck to you.

Reply #3
« on: October 28, 2011, 04:24:14 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Understandable.  RL gets in the way for us all. 

On another note, you aren't, by chance, in the San Francisco Bay Area and talking about the Occupy Oakland movement?

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #4
« on: October 29, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
Andarian Offline
AME Chairman and Site Admin
Administrator
Platinum Dragon

Congratulations and good luck with your family and new projects, Henesua! I hope you'll be able to stop by from time to time to help us out with a few votes or nominations. The ability to "Do what you can, when you can" is what the new guidelines are all about. Smiley

Reply #5
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »
Arkalezth Offline
AME member
Steel Dragon

Congrats on the baby, and go revolution! Good luck with everything, and I hope you still come around here every now and then.

Reply #6
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:16 AM »
Olivier Leroux Offline
NWN1: Team Leader
Global Moderator
Gold-tinted Silver Dragon

Congrats on the baby and good luck in everything you do!

Reply #7
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:36:26 PM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Everyone is healthy and happy here.  Thanks for the good wishes. The new boy looks like his older brother did, and older brother is excited to meet the new family member as are mama and papa.

And yes, I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm an Oakland native. Family has been in this area for a long time. And it feels good keeping my roots here for these new additions to the family.

I've been cranking hard on this multi player module. And with this time off work over the next few days i should be able to push it farther. Folks should let me know if you are interested in playtesting with me this week. I'll post the files if interested. Here's the thread where I've been posting my progress:

http://vivesdd.lefora.com/2011/10/12/expedition-to-devils-island

Reply #8
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
Tybae Offline
AME Whippinig Boy
Administrator
Platinum Dragon
Devourer of Worlds, Lover of Kittens Posts: 2010

Everyone is healthy and happy here.  Thanks for the good wishes. The new boy looks like his older brother did, and older brother is excited to meet the new family member as are mama and papa.

And yes, I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm an Oakland native. Family has been in this area for a long time. And it feels good keeping my roots here for these new additions to the family.

I also am born and raised in the SF Bay Area.  I grew up about 20ish miles from Oakland.  Still live here.  I have never lived anywhere else. 

I live by the motto:  "Safety 3rd"

Reply #9
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

This is a great place to live, Tybae. I can understand, although there are other parts of California that I also like. If I had limitless money, I'd buy a farm in the Sacramento Valley foothills, a cabin on the Sonoma Coast, and a large sail boat to berth in any city I wanted. Since that is a pie in the sky fantasy given my modest means, I've been looking at more down to earth options. I found an old house that needs a ton of work near me in Oakland and I know the owners. We'll start negotiating in December when I have a chance to properly assess how much work it needs. I'm very excited about the possibility. The house is on the street I grew up on, and an old friend - an older kid that taught me how to play D&D when I was 7 - just recently inherited his grandmother's house ont he same street. My great grandmother had been very close friends with his grandmother because they had both lived on that street together 80 years ago.  I'm really eager to get back there, settle in with my family, and keep the cycle going.

I'd ask what direction you live from Oakland, but you do seem WISELY reticent about putting that kind of information out on the internet. Good luck out there!

Reply #10
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »
SheilaD67 Offline
AME member
Copper Dragon

Congratulations on the baby (is this your first?) and all of the other wonderful activities that are keeping you busy!

Well...now who would have thought THAT would happen?!?

Reply #11
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:43:56 AM »
Henesua Offline
AME member
Brass Dragon

Boy number 2. And all has gone well so far.

My big hope now is that I meet my work deadlines next week. Once that happens I'll be in a holiday mode and be able to fully enjoy the new, larger family.

Reply #12
« on: December 11, 2011, 11:42:33 PM »
PJ156 Offline
AME member
Bronze Dragon

Congratulations, that's just saved you a heap of money on clothing Smiley

PJ

Print  Pages 1 Go Up
« previous next »
Jump to: